Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Today Was A Wonderful Day

Spring is definitely in the air. Can you feel it? The warm sunshine on your dark clothes, mmm, it feels so good.
Today, I got a sense of what it will be like to be retired and it feels so good.
Because of my impending birthday, I needed to renew my driver's license. It went so smoothly. I enquired where to go, the lady gave me a ticket and said "you'll be next". By the time I found a seat and looked at the various numbers posted in red, I heard a bell or a buzz and someone asked me, "are you E141?", yup and before I could say, wham, bam, thank you mam, I was done!
We drove to "Old Langley", Salt Lane to be precise, found a parking spot, had lunch at a little place called Dots where the service was friendly, and the homemake pea-soup and grilled cheese sandwich were really tastey. Dick left me with a refilled cup of coffee and a "free" newspaper to read, and made his way to the Barber Shop, the same one where he had taken Cameron on New Year's eve, and got a fine looking hair cut. After that we wandered into a second hand book store and found a couple of books, not at great prices, but they will certainly be good reads. We got back in the car and made our way to an office supply store and scouted out new telephones, and then we went into a Mountain something sporting goods store and bought a really fine jacket for Dick. He looks so handsome in it. It was made for him!
We got home, I made a cuppa for each of us, and while Dick read in the living room, I sat outside on a sunny bench on your back deck and soaked up some rays. Mmm, it felt so good.
I think I'm really going to like this new gig, called retirement!

No comments: