Saturday, March 03, 2007

Happiness Is . . .3


Today as Dick and I were returning home from Staples to pick up Sunday's Church bulletins--don't ask--I looked to my right and in the car right beside us was family, my family, our family, my handsome son with his welcoming smile was smiling at me!
I don't know how many times we've driven up and down 200th Avenue and never ever saw anyone we recognized. Which in large part has to do with moving to a new area. When we lived in Richmond, it was a rare day when we went out and didn't see someone we knew or at least recognized.
We pulled over and got out of the car, hoping that we could meet up for coffee, but alas, Caroline whose little face we didn't get to see today and Catie, were both sleeping. But Cameron with his new haircut, and Claire and Carly were all smiles. By the time we determined that Cathy and Cliff were on a mission--many stops--and on top of that, sleeping kidletts, Catie woke up.
While we weren't able to do anything together today, that short, brief, unexpected encounter made my day. Any day with family is a good one. Hope you got all your shopping done!


No comments: