Saturday, March 24, 2007

Tales From My Past

24 March 1973--Saturday SR 6:55 SS 7:20
Week 12, 83/282

A few days ago my beloved was in the office and opposite my computer is our bookcase, and on one of the shelves in the bookcase was my Journal from 1973, the year our beloved April was born. The funny thing is, the days of the week are the same in 1973 and 2007! I must look for some old calendars I kept from the year April was born! Now where is that box of Baby Books?

This is the journal entry, just days before April was born...

Today we rearranged our bedroom to accommodate the new baby. We think the room looks really nice, it will seem strange in there we finally move her/him? in with Cathy. Today was really a busy time and I really got worn out. But, I'm afraid this is an occupational hazard for a pregnant lady. I had to wash my hair again, boy does it ever get oily fast 2-3 days and it needs washing. This evening I wrote a letter for Dick about getting a day off with pay. I sure hope we get it.

Too funny, oily hair. Mat leave pay for daddy. Gee my life hasn't really changed all that much!



2 comments:

Wendy said...

That is so neat, a diary entry from just before April was born. It's funny, I think you wrote the same then as you do in your blogs now. You haven't aged :) Makes me realize that time must really fly by.

Allyson said...

Aw Wendy you are so nice to say so. I must admit the diary notations petered out considerably after our little darling was born. So I am really happy that I wrote what I did, when I had a little more time. I love that Blogs are the new diaries of today. And I love reading all about you and yours! :)