Monday, March 26, 2007

Blast from the Past, Part 3

March 1973
26 Monday
Week 13 86-280
We went to our last class this evening. Another dropout, Marnie and Dennis "M" had a boy, 7 something yesterday. Pat and Brian "B" and the "D" are expecting right about now too. Maybe we'll meet in the hospital. Helga gave the baby a really cute knit suit from Holland for Cathy, a pair of white leggings. Are they ever cute. I cooked "Big Daddy" his favourite today -- cabbage rolls. Did he ever like them. The rest are for him while I'm in V.G.H.
Would you believe the same Helga who gave us gifts ended up many years later, being Cathy and Cliff and Cameron's neighbour at the townhouse? Small World.
And as for Cabbage Rolls, they are still "big daddy's favourites", but now big momma, is lazy and makes lazy cabbage rolls instead. Isn't amazing how much more energy you have as a youngster? I am really feeling my +++++59 age!

2 comments:

cathy said...

And don't forget I bought Cliff a BIG DADDY sticker for his truck when I was pregnant with Cameron way back when!

Allyson said...

Oh Cathy, I do remember that, now that you've reminded me. What goes around comes around. Funny when you think about it. xxoo