Monday, March 26, 2007

A Date With Miss Abby


I think it's been close to 3 weeks since I saw our youngest grandaughter, Abby. Today was the day we changed that. When I knocked at the door, well actually Abby's momma was knocking at me from the inside. The door opened and who to my woundrous eyes did appear but April holding the cutest little baby in Ladner (don't tell the other Ladner Moms, I am of course just slightly prejudiced, which I am sure all Ladner momma's would agree, was only right!), Abby all smiles and happy in her pink and white sleepers with the bunny rabbit on the bumbum.



She remembered me!



We three had a delightful visit. Sadly Pappa stayed home with a cold.


Abby showed me how she could suck on her tootsy-toes, stand in her exersaucer, tell a story, and smile to beat the band. After a short little visit, she became just a tiny bit sleepy, but let me tell you she fought sleep all the way, that is, until she finally closed her big, blue eyes on my shoulder, where she slept for about an hour. She awoke with such a beautiful smile for me. She is truly just a little darling.



Four hours later back at the front door, Abby's face all alight with smiles, I made my getaway. Man that's a hard one.



See you next week ladies. I love you so.





I am blessed with grandchildren and daughters and sons. How did I get so lucky?

No comments: