Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Countdown is On!


Only 1 more Wednesday
Only 2 more Thursdays
Only 1 more Friday
And my debt to society, er,
My work life committment is coming to an end!
No cakes, no toasts, no flowers, no muss, no fuss,
A free agent I shall be evermore.
Free to roam, free of alarm clocks,
Free to answer the telephone, but only if I want to.
Free to be me -- at last.
I'm getting off the rollercoaster called work.
I can feel it coming. Excitement, Expectations, Happiness, Joy!





7 comments:

Mrs. Merriman said...

Wow Momma A!! That is so exciting!!

Allyson said...

Dotta-C! I can't wait, I feel like a kid at Christmas time. xx

Unknown said...

Happy Happy Dance for my Momma, the Free Agent!! I am very excited for you (and Dad) to know you're home every day. No more bulletins, no more driving in! Hello Relaxation. Bliss!

Allyson said...

Amen to that my girl!

Carol Kerfoot said...

Congratulations Allyson! What a wonderful milestone!

Anonymous said...

Oh Mrs Aporta I am so happy for you !!! Yeah!!! Just think of all the cool stuff you can do now...babysitting, babysitting, toddler sitting etc..oh and of course Mr A sitting!! Enjoy your retirement it is well deserved! Hope a nice vacation is on the agenda and a great bottle of "vinho".
Love to you both and good health cheers Laura Logan

Allyson said...

Hi Carol and Laura
Thanks for your congratulations, it is very exciting to think about staying home on a snowy morning like today (did you get snow??) or a sunny morning, or a rainy morning, or, or, or . . . .

Lots of time to spend with my beautiful children and grandchildren and most especially my Husband. Vinho yes, a trip perhaps in Fall, but not matter what, I will now be paid to STAY HOME and it doesn't get any better than that does it?
Thanks again for the good wishes!
xx