Thursday, April 05, 2007

Blast From the Past 11

1973 April
Thursday 5
Week 14 95-270

Dr. Lepawksky is still really sick. I met the other Dr. filling in for him and I thought it would be him who delivered the baby. Wrongo! It's a Dr. Britton whom I've never met. I must admit I'm really depressed about this prospect. I feel really terrible because I've never met the man and already I dislike him. How's that for being a creep!

As it turned out Dr. S. E. Britton turned out to be a delightful man! He had never had a set of parents-to-be who had taken the Vancouver Childbirth Association classes. He was impressed with us as it turned out. We had learned that through stage 3 labour ( I think it was stage 3), to sing a song. We chose You Are My Sunshine, and as we were singing it, he joked around saying he wished he'd brought along his guitar. I love a man with a sense of humour! It just goes to show, you can never tell.

No comments: