Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Are You a Child of the 70s?

Today being my official first day of retirement as I only worked Wednesday, Thursdays and Fridays, I had my alarm clock on --can you believe it?--so that we would wake up early enough to get over to Cathy and Cliff's so that they could sign their life away....anyhow, I digress, so listening to my favourite CBC Radio station this morning I heard about the neatest thing, especially if you were a teen in the 80s. That has to have been the longest sentence yet!


Anyway, Margaret Gallagher has this weekly spot on the radio and she talked about an 80s karaoke singalong. It is held the first Monday of the month at the Railway Club. Apparently tons and tons of people show up for this monthly event. They only play and sing 80s songs, like: You've gotta fight--for your right--to Par-Tay! Come on you children of the 80s, I know you know this one, because even I do! This was probably the only song I recognized, but I said to myself, I said, I'd love to do something like that. Come on Railway Club, don't forget about we children of the 60s! Apparently there is a TV show on CBC on at/or about 12:00 or 1:00 p.m. with the name "Vancouver" in it, and they are going to have a little blurb on TV. So if you want to know more, find out the name of the show, and tape it! Or, if you are like me, retired, and want to know more, watch CBC TV all day until the show comes on! Gee I wonder of Sesame Street and Mr. Dress Up still come on?

Dun du done, da done da done--

Casey and Finnagin let's look in the Tickle Trunk

1 comment:

cathy said...

Sesame Street comes on every morning at 10 am. Mr. Dressup. Well, I haven't seen him for quite some time.

But, good old Mr. Rogers Neighbourhood is still on too!

Happy Retirement, and thank you for spending your first official retirement day with us!! xoxo