Thursday, December 20, 2007

Coffee With My Wee Friend Ann


Today, finally, after several attempts to get together, my dear friend Ann and I finally achieved our goal and got together for coffee! (My beloved was there too!)
This dear lady befriended me over 15 years ago. She was the Childcare Supervisor and I was the "church lady"! With her thick "scotch" accent and wonderful sense of humour we spent many an hour laughing, espousing words of wisdom, and of course taking a keen interest in each other's lives. Ann retired last year and she and her husband moved to a wonderful spot in Maple Ridge close to her daughter, son-in-law and Grandson, and a wonderful pooch named Dexter!
We thought it was a done deal-Maple Ridge-Langley-so close. Visits were sure to come thick and fast. For one reason or another, that just hadn't happened until today. We met in Fort Langley so that she could hand over to me the cutest little "Abby Cadabby" doll, (shh, don't telly Abby!) she found on the way to Birch Bay, and true to her "scotch" heritage, she even managed a discount! Oh Annie, you are a wonder. We picked up where we left off, laughing and hugging. She told us a story so funny about a covert doctor's appointment so many years ago, that the tears were running down my face. Just like old times. At this time of year, with so much to do and so little time, it was probably the best pick-me-up for all the holiday cares and jobs waiting to be crossed off the list.
Seeing her again was an early Christmas present. Just wait until that new Golden Ears Bridge opens!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I miss those two smiling faces! I'm glad to see retirement is treating you both so well!

Allyson said...

We miss your smiling face too. Soon you'll be back home with all of your family and friends and new little baby too. Have a wonderful visit. Travelling Mercies Kristen. xxx Merry Christmas.