Monday, February 18, 2008

I Don't Heart February!

February used to be a lovely month. A month for lovers-Valentine's Day -- how divine. But February has lost its' blush. When February rolls around I just want to say - February BE GONE! This year is no exception.

We aren't even immune on our walks. Today we walked and talked with our neighbour's children's Nanny. She just returned from the Philipines where her husband and children live. She is so homesick and lonely.

It started 5 years ago when on February 14th my dad was admitted to the hospital and 5 years ago today, he died. Slipped away in the early hours of the morning. Our family, though we go on, hasn't and won't ever be, the same again.

Over the past two weeks the sadness has been building. First by stumbling upon an obituary in the newspaper. Joan McMeiken, our daughters' Preschool Teacher. Such a loving and wonderful woman who gave Cathy especially such tender love and care. Then my mother's and Cathy's wonderful Doctor, lost his 60 year old mom. How sad. My friend Dawn lost her Daddy, Charles, then dear friends at our former Church--George lost his beloved Grace, John his Mother, and my dear friend Marion her newborn grandaughter, how crushing, my heart aches for them. All of this sadness and we await news of our dear friend Earl. We hold Silvana, Cliff, Cathy and their children in our prayers.

All my beloved and I can do is offer our love, our hugs, prayers and support to all who need comfort and care. February may be the shortest month of the year, but for those we love and care about, worse there is none.

5 comments:

Mrs. Merriman said...

*hugs*

Allyson said...

Thanks honey. xxx

Anonymous said...

I too would like February to go away.
Over the past week we have lost three great people.
We lost a fellow soccer coach and father of two young girls, a friends dad and over the weekend tragic news of a family at my kids school that lost their husband and father in a tragic snowmobile accident. My thoughts and prayers are with Cliff and his family at this sad time.

Hope Walls said...

~hugs~ from me too, Mom.

Allyson said...

Thank you EVERYONE! It seems like many of us are in the same sad, sorrowful boat. xxxxx