Friday, February 29, 2008

The End of February-I Hear a Collective Sigh In My Family!

As Cathy, April and I at some point all reported, we aren't too keen on this month called February. To make matters even worse, 2008 brought us an extra day in the mix, Leap Year. The good news? Well tonight we bid February adieu! Tomorrow morning when we awake blustery March comes in and with it, good things will come, I'm positive. I mean, March is already a starting off great, especially for the Monday to Friday-ers, March 1st is a Saturday.

This Sunday at church the new church council will be installed, and that mean's that my beloved may or may not be voted in as council chair again. For his sake I hope he is, for me, well it will mean a little more "secretarial work", but that's okay.

On Thursday our church is hosting World Day of Prayer, and two wonderful, talented people from our former church, our retired Pastor Ken, and one of the very uber-talented pianists from the church will help us through that service.


And then next Sunday, our darling little Courtney will be Baptised with her Aunty Amy and Uncle Tyler standing up as her God Parents.

The beginning of the month also spells birthday wishes to a dear friend, Marilyn, then Eva and Ann, and one of our fabulous son-in-laws turns 30-yippee, and the month ends with my dear sister-in-law's birthday, all good things to celebrate. And smack dab near the middle, Holy Week ending (well really the beginning) with Easter Sunday and all the wonder it holds if you are like me, a christian. And our dear friend Cynthia will also celebrate a birthday near the end of the month. To me the big question is, will the little "kicking bump" be born on her birthday? She is carrying a little "trickster" who wants to surprise her mommy and daddy and big brother, Ben. We sit tight, waiting to hear the delightful answer.




We turn our clocks ahead one hour and enjoy longer, hopfully, sun filled days.

I've already seen the sun shimmer on a bluebird's glorious back.

Ornamental shurbs are starting to show their true colours.

Crocuses, daffodils and tulips.

The tender new buds and newly unfurled leaves on trees.

Pussy willows.

The warmth of the sun on your face.

Children playing outside, laughing and squeeling with delight, breathing in the promise of warm summer days to come.

I am already feeling the optimism of spring and all of the wonders it brings.

Goodbye gloomy February - Welcome March!

2 comments:

cathy said...

bye bye february (sound it out like how Caroline would say it!)

Allyson said...

I' hearing her darling voice right now!!!!!