Sunday, January 06, 2008

The Power of Two

Yesterday I went to a Tupperware party at our dear friend Cynthia's house. I don't know about you, but it has been a number of years since I last attended one. We played a few games, and each of us got some great take home gifts, my favourite--the orange peeler! I used to attend these parties just to get one. Now though they are a grayish colour versus the orange of old, but I'm sure that won't affect its' usefulness.

It was neat to see the new products, and the colours. When I first started going 40 years back, everything was just plastic, no colour. The amazing thing is they still make that neat kid's toy, a red and blue ball with yellow handles for pulling it apart to shake out the shapes. I know it has a name, I just don't know what it was called, but it was fun. It was strong and durable and my babies spent many hours trying to figure out firstly how to get them into their designated spot and secondly, how to shake them out!

One thing that struck me as I reflect on this gathering of women, were the duos -- the power of two. There were:

2 sisters
2 cousins
2 adorable babies (Alexander 12 weeks and Courtney 7 weeks)
2 prenant women, both due in Spring
A lady with "twins"
2 Tupperware Consultants (Cynthia in training!)
2 Grandmothers (guess who was one of them)
If you haven't been to a Tupperware party lately, and you are invited to one, go! It was fun, you meet nice people, have a little nibble and find creative new ways to store and carry and serve your food. And that's a good thing.

5 comments:

cathy said...

2 cool Mom! Great observation!

Allyson said...

Thanks Cath, it just struck me how many duos there were there on Saturday. Can't wait to get my TW

Hope Walls said...

That red and blue thing is called a 'shape ball.' They really pulled out all the stops naming that one, hey?

A belated happy new year, and yes, Tupperware parties are still fun!

Allyson said...

A shape ball-that's it. Must have been from the late 60s when we were cool and didn't need to make a big deal out of everything.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I just came across your blog and I am having a 2008 Christmas Shopping Blitz event in my home in Langley Saturday Nov 8, I do not know any Tupperware consultants and wondered if I could get the contact info to your consultant maybe she/he would like to attend my event this weekend.
Thanks,
Brandy
brandys_arb@hotmail.com