Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Not Wordless Wednesday, but Wintery Tuesday

This morning The Grove, like many places in the lower mainland awoke to snow. Inspired by my daughter Cathy's blogs this week, here is a sampling of outdoor pictures taken at my back and front doors. The snowdrops were hidden away under about 6" of snow, but by the time I took the pictures it had compacted.
The skimmea (spelling) in its' winter outfit of berries.
A little patch of snow under a chair leg.
Our Hornby Island Rock proudly displaying its' winterwear.

5 comments:

cathy said...

Looks good there Mom! Esp, the Hornby rock. Remember our fabulous ponchos, and checking out the tide pools. And of course the soot under our noses in the morning lol!

Good times. Love you!

Allyson said...

That was one bad dude of a cabin, and I use the word cabin loosly. But a holiday we'll never forget, right honey? xxx

Hope Walls said...

Looks like TWO ladies have been bit by the shutterbug...

cathy said...

That is for sure! Did I carve on a totem pole there too?!

Allyson said...

I'll bet Cathy's using a better camera-but yes, it is fun, fun, fun.

Cathy you did carve on a totem pole. The next door neighbour a school superintendent I believe he was, invited you to help.