Friday, June 01, 2007

Vignettes from the Week Past

Planting my sweetpea plants in the garden.
Hanging the confounded netting, why does it roll like that?




Week's total of found money, 82 cents.
The jar is filling up fast this week.




Sitting on our deck in the very early morning drinking tea, reading a short story
listening to the 5 Canadian Geese honking overhead.
Watching the little swallows exalt in the seedpods on our lilac bush.
No, this place is the best, no, this is!



My tomato plants are filling the pot.
When I snapped off a leaf - oh that aroma.




Making Abby giggle as I wiggled my flipflops.
What a wonderful laugh.




Catie saying "play with me"
Of course little darling.




Pappa taking Carly on a field trip to an equestrian centre,
riding a horsey named River.




Turning the corner and spying Cathy and Cameron and Claire
as they walked to school.
Rolling down the window and having these two delightful children
run to the car and to give and receive their kisses--
their little cheeks still had the early morning coolness on them.
That spells heaven to me.




The baby apples growing on our trees.
Dreaming of the Apple Betty and pink Apple Sauce that awaits us.




Caroline walking on her knees.
So very close to standing up, but not quite ready for primetime.


Having coffee with my dear Friend Yvonne.
Having tea with Cathy.
Having tea with April.
Missing Amy
and looking forward to seeing her tomorrow.




Tyler turned 37!
Wishing you every happiness TDM!




My CPP has kicked in-yippee hear me shout.
My first of many I hope.




Lunch with my mother
and being surprised that my dear sister Maddie could come too.
So delightful to catch up-just the 3 of us.




Planning the 40th Anniversary Pictures.
Finally a plan, khaki and yellow.
Just like the yellow roses in my wedding bouquet.




Walking hand in hand with my beloved in the
warm evening sun after a delightful dinner out.



A blue moon on Thursday.
It was so beautiful peeking out behind the cedar trees.




Admiring the beautiful orange poppy plant that my dad planted.
The exuberance of those delicate petals contrasted by
the blackness inside, what a vision.
























4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like another great week! I look forward to your new "excerpts" Vignettes from the Week Past. It's quite an enjoyable read and makes me smile everytime. The things that you capture and cherish are so beautiful. I read once ~ Complicating life is easy. The genius is in the simple things. (Time for me to start believing what I read, a?) xo
Andrea

Allyson said...

I like that saying. But hey, are you calling me simple? Tee Hee xxxooo. Can't wait for my hug and visit with you my love. xxxooo

Wendy said...

I so enjoy reading your vignettes - you have a lovely way of recounting the special moments in your life.

Allyson said...

Thank you Wendy. Sometimes I wonder what to put down there, and other times, I say to myself, oh ya, I must remember to put that in.