Sunday, June 10, 2007

Vignettes from the Week Past


Two trips into Richmond this week,
can't seem to get the island city out of our blood!


Visiting the dentist for our annual clean and check up.
I just love the ridges rediscovered as you run your tongue against your teeth
and of course the white teeth,
but I don't like the fruity flavour of the flouride treatment!


Adding a Codicil to our Last Will and Testament.
Don't hold your breaths girls, Motor and Diesel
are going to spend, spend, spend!


A lovely lunch with my beloved's Mother.
2 for one coupons and free socks, love and laughter and a few tears too.
Family.


Thirty-seven cents added to the jar on our fridge.
It's funny how you count that up, but discount
all the money spent elsewhere!


Several yellow blossoms on our tomato plants,
less rain, more sunshine please.


An afternoon visit with Abby and April.
Our little copper top talking and smiling.
Her voice is so deep and wonderful.


Two new teeshirts for me
and a great brown striped shirt, on sale, for my beloved.
He looks so handsome wearing it.


The wonderful smell of freshly cut grass.


The wonderful discovery in our garden of finding
a "dormant" Yucca Plant getting reading to flower.


Playing a CD and tidying up the house.
A great combo,
you sing, you dance, you dust a little and the house looks great.


Watching a modern version of a barn raising while out walking.
Only this was a new garage wall being erected.
Why didn't I have my camera?


The scent of the wild roses along the path.
Stopping for a hug from by beloved and a promise of coffee
and smelling the wonderful scent at the same time.
It doesn't get any better than that believe me!


A break and breakfast with Cathy.
We are blessed that her beloved gives her the break.
We owe you one Cliffie dear.


Shopping for the "Easter" coloured t-shirts
for all the Grandchildren
in anticipation of our soon to be taken
40th Anniversary photos.
The children are going to look so wonderful.
I can visualize it all now.


Walking to Collossus to see a mid-week movie.
It was so much fun.
Especially when you use your Airmile Coupons,
which includes popcorn and pop!


Finding out that friends at "Our Saviour Lutheran"
read my blog.
Hello Everyone, I miss you all so.


Friday June 8th was my Baptismal Birthday.
Also, the day I first started and then departed 12 years later
as Church Secretary at Our Saviour.



Being so proud of my beloved today as he led the Congregation at
Trinity Lutheran in worship.
He did it so well.


The "wallpaper" on my computer
a close up picture of a pink peony,
taken by Cathy, but lovingly tended by my
Father before he planted it for her.



A crumpet with honey
and a hot cup of tea
that's what I am going to have right now.


I invite everyone who reads this blog to share a memory in my comments.








Yours to enjoy as wallpaper too!









3 comments:

cathy said...

Having a nice breakfast break with my parents and then shopping in the mall together and finishing the afternoon with an Orange Julius and delightful (adult) conversation with my parents! Delightful!

Watching our little girl Caroline take her very first steps yesterday morning!

Receiving a beautiful boquet of peonies and roses from my friend Cynthia yesterday and enjoying Ben run around with the kids!

Anonymous said...

Hi Allyson!

I love your vignettes and keep your blog bookmarked. One of my memories from the past .. the joyful sound of your laughter in the church office. My newest memory from this week past is ... watching a grandmother holding her granddaughters hands, and drawing crosses on her palms with water, then watching the child do the same for her grandmother.

Allyson said...

Cathy and Carolyn, thank you for sharing your vignettes with me, the images from both of you made me smile.