Sunday, June 03, 2007

Happy Birthday Richie

Today is my one and only brother's birthday and what a day it is! The sun is shining and quite possibly as I am writing this, he is surrounded by those he loves. His darling Lilli, daughters Erika and Andrea, his hockey partner and son-in-law, Kirby and the really important one, his adorable grandson, Mattie-Bug.




As I was looking for a picture or two to capture the day, I was reminded of how when we lived in Kelowna across from Kelowna General in the big, 3 storey house, when I'd have a bad dream and would begin to cry, my mom would always get up to comfort me. It didn't matter that I was already sharing a bed with my sister or that my teddy bear Timmy were there with me, a bad dream is a bad dream. Possibly out of sleep deprivation or good mothering instincts, mom would ask me "do you want to go in and sleep with Richard?" The answer was always yes. In we'd troop, Timmy, mom and I. She'd settle me in and in no time at all it was back off to dreamland. Safe in the knowledge that my big brother was there to protect me. You know, he never once complained and said what are you doing here?, like many a big brother would. That was just how he was. So here and now Rich, if I never did thank you I am doing so now. Thanks for loving and protecting me. I love you very much.


"Cherish the moment", Rich. Here's to many, many more.


-Bippy
xxxooo
My Brother with the only dog the Geske family ever had. Taken at our home on Alexandra Avenue in Winnipeg.
The resemblance to my nephew Oliver is uncanny.
Look at this smiley little guy in the
little sailor suit (just like his daddy's). My mom sewed it.
Sitting with our Granny.

This is one of my favourites taken when we lived in Kelowna.

No comments: