Saturday, May 26, 2007

Vignettes from the Week Past


An evening drive with my beloved
out near Fort Langley.
Seeing the vast fields of green, perfect sod.


Sleeping in until 10:00 a.m. after a restless night's sleep.


Viewing April's blog with those laughter filled wedding pictures.


Viewing Cathy's baby blog, reading about the thumpety thump thump
heartbeat of our expected Grandchild.


A surprise 60th Birthday Dinner for my friend Yvonne.


Watching the peonys that my dad dug out of his garden for me
come into the most incredible blooms.


The pictures of Abby in her new PJ's.
All of her beautiful red/auburn hair.


Planning the pictures that will be taken to celebrate
our 40th Wedding Anniversary.


An unexpected but delightful evening driving to and from
Richmond with Cathy.
Just having the time for us to chat uninterrupted.
Sitting beside her at the birthday meal and being
so proud of her.


Changing Caroline's diaper, and blowing raspberries
on her bare tummy.
Her falling swifty asleep in my arms.
Reminders of my days as a very young mom.


Just missing seeing April, Nick and Abby at Cathy and Cliff's!


Making plans with Amy to go see Bette Midler.


Purchasing a People Magazine because I know a certain someone is already
planning for Halloween.


Watching Carly, Claire and Cameron as they
sat beside us at Church.
Angels in Church, that's what they were.


Watching Catie and her Pappa walk up the street.
She so tiny and sweet, with her little skirt swaying
as she walked so perkily.
I couldn't take my eyes off her.


The smell and look of our newly cut lawn.

Walking up 204 Avenue to have dinner with my Mom.


Admiring my tomato plants already filling out in the pot.


Meeting an elderly couple on our walk the other night.
Betty and Ray.
She said we were the first nice people she had met since they moved
here 10 years ago! That can't really be true, but it was so nice of
her to say so.


A 101 year old man at McDonalds today.
How is face lit up when a tiny little girl said hello to him.


Loving my husband.







3 comments:

Unknown said...

Loving you, Mom.

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful...
Thanks for sharing all the wonderful things that your eyes and heart have taken in.
xo Andrea xo

Allyson said...

Love you too April!

Thank you Andrea, I love you too!
xxxooo