Saturday, May 12, 2007

Happy Mother's Day Andrea



See this beautiful young mother? Her name is Andrea, and she is my niece. Like so many young women today, Andrea works full time, as does her handsome husband Kirby. The only trouble is, Kirby and Andrea probably only see one another on weekends as this resourceful pair work on almost opposite shifts so that their wonderful little Mattie-Bug only needs to go to childcare 3 days a week. Together they have figured out how to get along by going along.
This little mommy needless to say is a very busy one. And what is she doing on Mother's Day? Well for starters her daddy, my brother, Richard is away. Therefore not wanting her mom, my husband's sister and my sister-in-law, Lilli to be all alone, has invited her mom over for Sunday Brunch. But wait, there's more . . . and as some people (ME!!!!!) never got their act in gear, but a very busy working mommy did, took it upon herself to invite my mother, and my husband's mother, who is Grannie and Oma to Andrea over for Mother's Day Brunch as well.
Adding to the dynamics of this wonderful invite, let me say, that my sister-in-law doesn't drive long distances, so my beautiful niece Riki (Andrea's beautiful sister), will be picking her up from Coquitlam. Now my mother-in-law doesn't drive at all, so the handsome Mr. Kirby, will be driving out to Richmond and then back again later, to pick up Oma. Add all of that onto, prepping for Brunch, shopping, cleaning, etc. etc. etc. as the King of Siam used to say, hosting and then the penultimate--cleanup, well, you get the picture. Mother's Day is going to be another very busy day for Andrea!
Andrea darling if you actually find time to read this, you are an incredible young woman. So filled with love. Your laugh is infectious. You are truly one of a kind. Giving and loving. A wonderful mother. God bless you my sweetheart. We love you very much,
Aunty Allyson and Uncle Dick
xxxooo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... can you say tears in my coffee? (Oh wait; I didn't have one at that point!)
All I can say is THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU... I do not feel deserving of such a high praised write up. Expecially when there are others out there who are doing way more. I am only doing what MOST mothers are doing now a days to make it work; juggling work and house, family and friends. (Doing what has to be done b/c really, we have no other option at this point). It was a busy day but it was also a beautiful day (besides the weather - what happened there anyway?). I was HAPPY to do it. 4 mothers (myself included), 1 godmother (your other beautiful neice mentioned), my generous hubby and my adorable son had a wonderful afternoon together. I am blessed. I am truly blessed to have such a loving and caring Aunt and Uncle.
I certainly hope that your "surprise" Mother's Day was all that was anticipated. You deserve the world A.A.
I love you. Andrea xo

Allyson said...

Darling Andrea, please don't underestimate all that you are doing. As a young working mom, you are carrying a double load and doing an awesome job raising your son. I mean just look at him and how he came to us! He is secure and knows how much he's loved, and isn't that all any of us wants?
About your Sunday brunch, I hear they stayed and stayed because they had such a FANTASTIC DAY. Am I surprised? Not one bit, and I heard the cake was delic. Love you, A.A. xxxooo