Friday, May 04, 2007

I Declare This Day - I Love My Husband Day!

Today as we were returning to our car and had literally just put items in the trunk, my beloved gave me the longest, most wonderful hug and told me how much he loved me and we both told each other how lucky we are to have each other. Right then and there it reminded me of why I fell in love with him almost 45 years to the day. You know how when you start dating someone and you aways remember the day of the month? Well, I used to know what day our anniversary was on, but with so much life that has happened in between, I've forgotten the date. I know it was somewhere between my late wise old age of 14 and after my dear Uncle Eddie's Funeral. I know the exact date we first met. It was Christmas Eve at our house at 135 East 62nd Avenue, Vancouver, when I was 14. We even danced in our living room-I know I was very impressed with this most handsome, blue-eyed grade 12 student! Little did I know then what a wonderful guy he really was. 45 years later he can still make me laugh uproariously, now that's saying something!



Happy Un-45th Anniversay my love! Still crazy after all these years!

No comments: