Saturday, May 12, 2007

Mother's Day 2006


Bouquets of wishes go out to all of the wonderful women in my life
Our Moms, Laura and Erika - you both have shown such great strength during the past years. Such devotion and love for our much missed and beloved, Ralph and Artur. Unimaginable loss, yet somehow, you manage to carry on with such dignity, grace and beauty.
My Sister Madeleine - no one would ever know some of the heavy burdens you have carried. You work so hard day in, day out, and are loved by all your clients, your family and your twisted sister!
My Sister Lilli - often left alone because my brother's work takes him away weeks at a time. Hang in there dear sister, he must be ready to retire soon.
My nieces - Andrea and Laura-hard working young women, managing to hold down jobs, keep house, do so much for others, and little for themselves, and are raising the sweetest little boys imaginable.
Silvana - from the first day we met, I knew, we would be friends. I thank my lucky stars that our daughter married into your family. We love you very much.
Some of my "adopted" children, Cynthia (with little Ben) and Cari (about to deliver in July) to name but a few-you two are beautiful, thank you for your love. (MommA)
To my cousins and Aunty Myrtle in The Peg - hold fast out there - I wish we lived closer!
To all the "blogger" moms. I read your entries and continue to be amazed at all the things you conquor as you go about your daily lives. Thank you for sharing your stories with us.
My darling daughters three:
Cathy-who would have ever known, or guessed that you would have such a wonderful little brood of children? You are blessed, as are we. I couldn't possibly do what you do and still remain sane. How do you do it?
April-look at you with Abby! It has been such a delight to watch you blossom into motherhood.
Amy-I am enjoying so much watching you and Kayla together. This is not always the easiest route to take, but you are doing so with flying colours! Not to mention your love and devotion to your nephew and nieces who adore you.
I wish each and every one, a Very Happy Mother's Day.
Love,
Allyson

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Mom for you words to us all. You must know that Mother's Day would be nothing to me without you...

You are Mom, Mommy, MommA, Nanny, Mrs. Aporta, Allyson, Ally -- clearly an inspiration to us all. You are loved by so many for so many reasons aside from you kind heart.

Your spirit, love, enthusiasm and kindness will always light my way.

Happy Mother's Day. I love you, Mom.

xo Daughter #3, Amy Elizabeth

Mrs. Merriman said...

Happy Mum's Day, Momma A! Thanks for the kind words :D xoxo

AmberW said...

Happy Day-after-Mother's Day to you Allyson!!

I hope you had a wonderful, beautiful, and relaxing day. Clearly you have done an AMAZING job raising your three beautiful daughters - into loving, caring, and unbelievable momma's theirselves.

*Hugs* to you!

Allyson said...

Amy and Cynthia, thank you both, I Love you.

Amber, thanks for the kind words, we as are you, truly blessed by our children.