Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Happy Birthday Abby!




Today our darling Abby turns One! How can it be?


I remember so clearly sitting in a little cafe innocently doing a puzzle in the Province while my beloved was at the doctor's office. My cell phone rang and it was April announcing that they were on the way to the hospital. I'm sure half of the cafe heard me all excited and crying. A new grandchild is being born into our family today! What a day! What a night! At 8:19 p.m. the light of our life, Abigail Autumn was born. And what a light she is, her gleeful smile, and wonderful looks and laughter melt your heart. With her copper-top head of hair and her inchworm crawl, the way she turns pages in a book (just like her Mommy did), and the way she reaches out and touches the touchy feely things on the page make me smile just thinking of them. Our almost weekly visits since the day she was born, the weekend in November while Daddy and Grandpa went to Gray Cup and I got to sleep over, her Baptismal Day, our walks in Ladner, feeding her her lunch, making her laugh, the way she looks sideways out of those blue-blue eyes, all add up to one darling little grandaughter. I remember visiting one evening and she was in bed, our first visit that didn't include a love and an Abby cuddle, it felt so wrong, the family was out of balance, that is how much this darling girl has wriggled and giggled into our hearts.


Happy First Birthday my darling Abby! Nanny and Pappa love you so much and we look forward with great interest to see what your future brings. Whatever it is, you can be sure, that we will always love and support you!

1 comment:

Allyson said...

We love you very, very much Abby! xxxooo