Friday, October 26, 2007

Ask and It Shall Be Given





Several Sundays ago, I stood up at Trinity Lutheran Church (TLC) and asked if there would be any support for a Canadian Lutheran World Relief project called "We Care". If interested, you would purchase 11 items and a $5.00 bag to put items such as a writing pad, pencils, toothbrush, hand towel and washcloth inside and a toy attached outside. 39 hands shot up and the pictures shown are the results.


Sometimes, you need to stick your neck out and just ask. The group picture doesn't show the remaining 23 kits that were made up after the Sunday collection. They have all now been boxed up and ready to be shipped off to CLWR in Winnipeg. My wonderful mother and I had such fun putting these kits together last Wednesday afternoon. It is my hope that the school age children somewhere in need will experience the same joy in receiving them as we did preparing them.
(November 1, just added:) Photos of my beautiful Mom, Laura, assembling one of the kits, the end results of our fun afternoon, and the picture of me leaning on the mountain of "love".

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mom, that's awesome the TLC ladies pitched in to help with these special care packages. Seek and you shall find. :-) Congratulations on a job well done. You all made the difference for so many children.
xoxo

Allyson said...

Thanks April, it's a group effort for sure and great to see people's reactions and comments. I wish I could see their little faces when they receive them!