Tuesday, February 13, 2007

On The Eve of St. Valentine's Day



Valentine's Day is a mixed bag for me. You are supposed to be feelin' the love, planning romantic dinners and events, but life gets in the way.

Four years ago tomorrow my darling dad went to the hospital and sadly for our family, died 5 days later. I suppose that has a lot to do with my feelings, or should I say lack of romantic idealism for February 14th.

Nonetheless, life goes on and we have a 6-pack of beauties who just love the day. There is much excitement at Cathy and Cliff's house. Valentine's Parties tomorrow, cards to be distributed, pink cupcakes to prepare and little cinnamon hearts to suck on no doubt. Ah yes, I remember my own school days as well, it was fun and exciting. Pondering just how many Valentine's my box or pouch or envelope would hold. And because of all of my Grandchildren, I hold on tight to those memories with much joy and many happy memories.

As for my Valentine, my original, my beloved Dick, I am even more in love with him today than when I turned 16 and we celebrated our first Valentine's together. He is funnier, more handsome and incredibly witty. He will always have my heart. I am blessed.

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone, I hope you get some cinnamon hearts to share with your loved one!

This one's for Amy and Tyler on a beach somewhere in Thailand!

1 comment:

cathy said...

Mom,

I am thinking of you and Grannie today.

I love you both xo