Saturday, October 28, 2006

A Day with Our Newest Grandaughter!



We had such a wonderful day yesterday.

About 10:00 a.m. yesterday morning we finally got to have a loooonnnnggg visit with the newest member of the "Aporta" family. When we first arrived, April and Abby were on the couch looking the picture of elegance and beauty. There is nothing more beautiful than a baby nursing at a mother's breast.

Pappa, the baby-hog got to hold and caress Abby first and I was really wonderfully proud of how restrained I was not to rip her out of his arms, but I finally got my turn! We sent him to the swimming pool so that I could get down to some serious adoration.

Sitting there all snuggly, with this tiny, perfect being sleeping on my shoulder, put me in Nanny heaven. This child of my child, so helpless and precious. The squeeks, the sighs (hers and mine), the sneezes, all take on such significance.

I did manage to do an odd job or two around the house, I mean it's only fair, I couldn't very well sit there all day long with her, but I would have if I could! I made a huge pot of chicken soup for future days or nights when cooking isn't an option, and I cooked them a chicken dinner, with all the fixings. I think they'll let us come back. My son-in-law Nick said the nicest thing, which I will paraphrase, "that it was a nice way to start the weekend." Thank you Nick, I was very much touched by your sentiment. I know it was a wonderful start to ours too.

After final hugs, pictures and sighs we took our leave. It is a day filled with memories I shall cherish forever.

Life is good. We love you baby Abby.

Nanny and Pappa xxxooo

5 comments:

cathy said...

Oh, that sounds like a lovely day!

You are the best Mom. I am hoping that the 7 of us go there soon!

xo

cathy said...

That is funny, I left a comment on the day you posted and it didn't make it on here!

I said something like...what a wonderful Mom and Dad you are. I am sure you made their weekend.

We cannot wait to go visit Abby!

I love you!

Allyson said...

Our first visit to April's reminds me constantly of my first visits to see the fab-5! Now that we have Abby we have to split the time a little bit, but I've got lots of km's left on my Honda-ha ha. Now I get to brag about my
6-pack! Love you all, xxxooo

Unknown said...

Hi Mom - I finally had an opportunity to read your blog tonight. I love what you wrote, Nanny. Abby misses you as do we. Having you over really made our weekend relaxed and it put us in such a great frame of mind. I think that Abby was held all day by the 'baby hog' really relaxed her too. xoxo

I'm going to thaw out some scrumptious chicken noodle soup for tomorrow's dinner.
We look forward to your next visit!! And you can hold Abby for as long as you wish.

Allyson said...

Can't Wait Abby! xxxxooo