Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Too excited to sleep!

The birth of my newest,pink cherub has left me too excited to sleep. My heart and mind are in the hospital, wondering how the night has been for April, Nick and BB, er I mean, AA-Abigail Autum. It is truly amazing how the birth of one so tiny and perfect can make you react. All night long I have awoken from my slumber smiling and saying her little name over and over.

On the long drive in from Langley the moon was so beautiful. It was this ball of orange no longer a full moon, more a three-quarter moon. As we drove over the bridge that leads down to the tunnel, it was reflecting on the river in the most glorious way. I wanted to take a picture, but Pappa and Aunty Cathy said, "some things are just better rememembered". Two against one, no picture, but I will always and forever remember that lovely sight. A glorious autumn moon for a glorius new granchild, Abigail Autum. God is good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What? Are you keeping MY hours now? LOL. I have to admit, I had trouble sleeping last night as well. I kept thinking of the good news and feeling excited for April and Nick (and US! another BABY!!!) (oh, oh, am I getting that "way"???) I went to bed later than expected last night (after getting the call - well, the message Dad left - I was washing up!) I wanted more info! (Dad can sometimes be too vague! Or maybe he didn't know anymore!) I was thinking of you all ~ especially April and Nick and of course, little baby Abigail! How exciting and yes, glorious it is. I think a new baby brings that sleeplessness out in everyone! Congrats. Nanny & Pappa! Another "GRAND"daughter! We are truly blessed! Love to you all, Andrea xo

Carol Kerfoot said...

Congratulations Gramma on a new little pumpkin to add to the field of beauties.

cathy said...

It was a glorious day, and I will never forget the glow of the harvest moon, and the glow of my sister April when she held her sweet precious Abigail in her arms. She is a beauty. I am so in love!

xo

Allyson said...

Thanks all, it was and is such an exciting day and evening. We are truly blessed. I can't think of anything better than the addition of a child to your family. So Andrea and Kirby, GO FOR IT!