Saturday, May 08, 2010

Others, Mothers and Daughters

On the cusp of Mother's Day my Mom phoned and told me that a dear, gentle woman, our friend, Pastor Ann Strand, died suddenly. I had the priviledge of working with her as church administrator when our church was in need of an Interim Pastor. Over many coffees in the office and lunches in restaurants and later on, serving on a Synod committee together, I learned so much from this amazing woman. I am sad to think that I will never again have an opportunity for a hug, a shared memory or a smile. Rest in Peace dear Ann. You are loved and remembered by all who were blessed to know you.

* * * *

On a happier note, I am looking forward to tomorrow when two beautiful women, my Mom and my Mom-In-Law, along with the majority of our families will be together to celebrate them. They will meet the newest member of our family, Master Colby, and probably be squashed, stepped on, sat upon, smiled upon and perhaps even drooled upon if they play their cards right, by many of their Great Grandchildren who will be there too!

Our moms are amazing and an inspiration to the family. Both now widowed and in their 80s (I won't say where they are in that category), living in their own homes and living full, rich, and for the most, part healthy lives. We are well and truly blessed. Thank you dear ones for all of your love and care and worry throughout the years! We celebrate YOU! We LOVE you!
O u r M o m s

This picture was taken the day before our Granddaughter Coco was born. About 2 and half years ago and for those who know and love them, they would say they look just the same~fantastic!

* * * *

I dedicate this blog to our beautiful daughter's Cathy, April and Amy. I cannot for the life of me imagine what life would be like without you. Full Stop. You have brought the greatest joy, love and laughter to our lives. A richness unimagined. From infanthood to following your heart into adulthood, what a grand journey it has been. To watch each and everyone of you blossom into motherhood, a gift.

C a t h y

Cathy and her darlings, Cameron, Claire, Carly, Catie, Caroline and Coco.
Picture taken last summer by: http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kyleperison.com%2Fblog%2F&h=b70d8


A p r i l


This beautiful picture of April and Nick and their children, Hudson and Abby was taken by Cathy last December. http://www.cathyempey.com/

A m y

Amy and her pride and joy Colby. This picture was taken by yours truly just hours after they were released from the hospital.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY EVERYONE!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful A.A.
Love you so very much. xo

Allyson said...

A, I love you very much! See you tomorrow! Happy Mother's Day to my beautiful Niece! xxx

Unknown said...

Love you Mom. Look at all the grandchildren you have now!! Thank you for my cute Mother's Day card too. XoxoX

Allyson said...

Love you April. I know, don't I have the most wonderful wack of Grandchildren ever!
Glad you liked your card too. I loved mine also April you are too kind, I am not worthy of all of those wonderful acolades! xxxx