Tuesday, May 04, 2010

A Mother's Pride and Joy-Some Blog Love!

As we lunching at Cathy and Cliff's on Caroline's 4th Birthday, I received an unexpected offer that I couldn't refuse. Cathy asked me if I'd like to accompany her on a photo shoot and not just any shoot, we were going to visit Amy and Tyler's to shoot Colby Thomas only 4 days old.


Now I am very proud of my daughter Cathy, professional photographer that she is.

In Friday's Vancouver Sun her pictures featured prominently in an article about the very crafty Wendy Russell.


On Monday, a blog called A Million Little Details, high-lighed Cathy in the blog showing examples of her exquisite work from a Jessica Claire workshop which she attended last Autum~ http://www.amillionlittledetails.ca/


In it they say: Check out Cathy’s blogsite, here! Her work is seamless! Another specialty of Cathy’s is boudoir, check out her site completely dedicated to this sexy art!


High praise indeed and I say: Watching Cathy in action as I did for the very first time, I was so impressed with how she goes about it. Cathy puts so much creativity and energy into what she loves to do and the finished product shows. She has a real gift.

Here are a few pictures that I took of Cathy in action as Amy and Tyler looked on.
I have to say, that I started out taking pictures of Amy and Tyler's reaction, but soon realized that it was the whole scene~Cathy at work, darling baby boy and delighted parents as they peeked on at their little miracle~that was the real story!








What a great afternoon! Thank you Cathy for inviting me along.



PS: One of the many pictures Cathy took will be the highlight of Colby's birth announcement just as this one was when our darling Hudson Nicholas was born last December!


All together now, everybody say "awwwwww".


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I definately have to say "awww"... I cannot wait to see the birth announcement when it comes! I too am so proud of my cousin (one of your 3 wonderful daughters!) for what she set out to do and what she has accomplished (and she still goes on and on and on)...
How very special that you were able to accompany her on her special assignment! No doubt you are a very proud mama... you have three amazing daughters; with that three wonderful sons and 10 grandchildren! Awesome isn't it?
Andrea xo

Allyson said...

Andrea, I thought this got lost in bloggerland. I couldn't see it anywhere! 3 wonderful daughters, and 2 wonderful daughter/nieces! I am well and truly blessed! xxxx