Friday, April 04, 2008

We Haven't Won the Million Yet!

I woke up this morning with the Abba song, Money, Money, Money in my head. I guess it was because yesterday I dedicated this song to our daughter April on Facebook. Did you get that one April? It didn't show on my "home page".


I always thought as your children grew up and moved away from home, your duties and worries and responsibilities were at an end. Not so. As a mother nearing her over 60th birthday, I find instead that my daughters pop into my head at the most unexpected times. I'll wake bolt up say at 5:00 a.m. and I'll be thinking of April getting ready for her day--it's too dang early. Or 11:15 a.m., ah Cathy's picking up Carly, I hope the in-laws are watching the kids so they don't all need to go out in the rain! Or, 6:45 p.m., Amy is probably sitting at her station at E-Comm ready to begin her 12 hour shift. And so it goes.
But back to the Lottery. I thought perhaps hearing that song first this this morning was a sign, "buy a ticket! buy a ticket!" When I win, note I didn't say, if I win, April will be able to stay home with her precious little girl, Cathy can hire a limo driver and Amy you can pull part-time shifts instead, but only if you want!
If wishes were horses . . .
I am just going to keep on buying tickets, sucker that I am, and one day. . . In the meantime my beautiful girls, have I told you lately how very proud of each and every one of you I am? The way you handle all the curve balls tossed at you, you are all so amazing. I won the lottery the day you came into our lives.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks Mom. What a thoughtful post. Have I told you how proud I am OF YOU? Love you lots. Hope your numbers come in oneday...We've got a compound to get building! Love you.

xo Amy

Allyson said...

Thank You Amy! I've got the plans all laid out in my head for that compound. I'll just phone one of my architect friends and get ready to start building! Hold that happy thought babes! xxx

cathy said...

I hope my section of the compound has 7 bedrooms, lots of bathrooms and locks on the bedroom doors LOL

And a pool...

Love you all!

Allyson said...

Absolutely Cathy, all the bells and whistles, but most especially-locks! xxx

Anonymous said...

Yeah for the locks! I can keep you out ofmy closet Cathy (just like the good ol' days when you and April kept me out of yours).

xo

Amy

Allyson said...

Now, now girls no fighting! ha ha. xxxooo I'd give a million just to have you all together again that's a fact. xxx

Anonymous said...

A.A. ~ you had me tear up... as I said before (and will say over and over again), your girls are sure lucky to have you (and U.D.) I'm lucky to have you as my special A.A. & U.D.! xo Andrea xo

Allyson said...

Dear Niece of mine, Thank You! We couldn't be any luckier the day you were born that snowy January day. It's like double your pleasure, certainly double your fun when you have 2 fams in one, fams in one! Sorry, I couldn't help myself there. Waaaaay too much time on my hands. Love you lots and lots, A.A. :)