Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Gratitude

If you hadn't heard the news, yesterday was my birthday and I tell you I have been blessed with well wishes.


They came via Facebook-status updates and notes on my wall and messages.

They came through the mail, so many cards with so many wonderful words.

They came by telephone--Happy Birthday songs, the well known rendition, sung in duet and solo, no singing but by messages and of course live. My mom made up this beautiful song titled Happy Birthday Baby, because even at 61 I am still her Baby!, and stupid me, pre-new specs, I deleted it by accident before hearing it! But today sometime, my mom left it on our answering machine and of course I've saved it. It was wonderful Mom thanks for the encore presentation.

They came via e-mail.
They came in via my Blog.

They came by snail mail. Cards from all over the place. I want to share one that came in today. I was wondering why Cathy hadn't put the kids' names on their card, today I know why.



Signed by each child in their own unique way-what a treasure!

You know I really wasn't looking forward to celebrating yet another year. The days of party hats and balloons and cake and ice cream have gone the way of the dodo bird in my life, but I want to tell everyone that I feel well and truly loved. Tell you that I am ever so grateful for all of the love and warm wishes, but most of all for your friendship. You made it a glorious day. Thank you one and all. How did I get so lucky?

6 comments:

The Hoegler Family said...

You got so lucky because you are a wonderful woman :o)

I am glad to hear you had a great day!

Allyson said...

I guess the say here is, "it takes one to know one!" Thanks Hege xx

Anonymous said...

The question really is... how did WE get so lucky??? (Well, G&G is the literal answer). We are truly blessed to have you in our lives A.A. You SO deserve all the well wishes, songs, cards, blog posts ~ everything. And, I hope you DID celebrate with cake, ice cream and hats! :-)
Love ya. Andrea xo

AmberW said...

What?? You have facebook? And I didn't know!! Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!

Hope Walls said...

And I missed it! Happy belated!

Allyson said...

Thanks everyone!