Sunday, April 06, 2008

Hey Ho Away We Go!

My beloved and I had a most wonderful visit with our middle daughter April, and coffee making, cake eating, wise cracking husband, Nick today :). And of course the biggest joy was seeing our adorable little Copper Top, Abby. I didn't even take my camera out of my purse. In fact, I had all but forgotten I'd brought it along, that is until I put my glasses case back in the purse that hides a million things. Note to self: buy a smaller purse! One thing led to another and before you know it, the visit was over, kisses and hugs all around. Hearing our names spoken in the sweetest way "nanna" "pappa" is enough to make mush out of this old nanny. We left their home both happy and sad with promises of a Saturday afternoon lunch and walk in The Grove for later on in the month.

As we were driving eastbound I spied a firetruck up on the corner of the highway and the main road out of Ladner.

This is what we saw:






A case of: Hay No-Off We Go!

PS: Hay April, err I mean, Hey April, please send me copies of the pictures you took of us today!

5 comments:

Hope Walls said...

I wonder if there was a turkey in that straw or if it was just the driver...

Allyson said...

Very good Hope! I think -driver! I'm sure he'd be fired for taking that corner too fast. xx

Anonymous said...

So that's what it looked like... I was working dispatch that day. Haha!

Anonymous said...

Oh that was me Amy, BTW. Keep forgetting it's an anonymous comment.

xo Amy

Allyson said...

Oh Amy that's hilarious! And I would have known it was you! What a mess it was. I'm sure there is still a ton of the stuff floating over the highway as we speak. I e-mailed to Delta newspaper, but I guess they didn't want to use any of them. Oh well, one of these days! xxxxooo