Sunday, January 28, 2007

Lost in Never, Neverland



I didn't realize how addictive having a computer was until my monitor went black! I missed my e-mails and blog updates, my iceburg radio and sitting in my office.

I'm back now though. The monitor was still under warranty and the kind people who fixed it took my husband's concerns for me seriously. He told them we have a daughter treking around Thailand and this is our only means of getting in touch with them. Would you believe by the time we got home that afternoon from dropping it off, they phoned and said we could pick it up tomorrow morning. Now that's service! And sure enough, e-mails from Amy and Tyler were there waiting for us. Those and about a 1,000 spam e-mails!

In the meantime our newest little one was Baptised and we celebrated in style at April and Nick's, Cathy and family are reroofed, (And Cathy I did read the small print-tsk, tsk!) and all is well with the world!

I share some pictures from Abby's Baptism and a picture with a story behind the story that makes me laugh!

In July, Dick and I will celebrate our 40th Wedding Anniversary and it was my bright idea to have a huge family portrait taken. Can't you picture it all now. Dick and I, our three beautiful daughters and their partners, and 7 kids, all dressed in the same coloured t-shirts (ya right Allyson!) Sitting as still as turtles on a sunny rock. Only one problem -- that would be the herding of the cats, I mean, the Grandkids. It probably ain't gonna happen. When we tried to have our picture taken last Sunday with the 6-pack, we had 1 crying baby,wanting her momma, the guest of honour for the day sitting on my lap and in various forms an extra child or two while the others were running away! It's gonna be tough on our photographer but somehow, which I call BRIBERY, we will do it. Did I tell you I'm an optimist?

Amy and Tyler if your are reading this, know we love you and miss you and look forward to more missives on your travels in Thailand. (And if you enlarge the group shot you will see a sign.) Happy Travelling.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome back Momma! How I missed conversing with you via email. Your blog entry made me laugh - you have a way with words.
Ah, yes, the family portrait - it will be a very candid shot of our families together! Bribery all the way!
xoxo

Allyson said...

I'll be coming up with something oh so special, they won't be able to stay away! What that will be I just can't say! I'm hoping though it will be a great day and perhaps a little picnic afterwards would be a lot of fun. We'll think more on that later. And April, it is so good to be back! Love you ALL! xxxooo