Saturday, December 23, 2006

Light Four Candles to Watch for Messiah

Light Four Candles to Watch for Messiah, Let the Light Banish Darkness

Today the fourth candle will be lighted today at our church and in our home in anticipation of the Nativity of Our Lord.

My work at Trinity Lutheran is done, the bulletins are ready for the morning service and the 2 candlelight services to be held tonight and Christmas Day worship. Our Pastor, Terry, was so excellent, he produced hard copies of all of the Christmas and post-Christmas bulletins, which made it so much easier for me to get out of the office early yesterday.

At home, the majority of our preparations are done, we are ready to receive our family on Christmas day. If it weren't for our family coming over, our house would look like it were any other day of the year, but as we have our Grandchildren and children coming, we couldn't disappoint.

Pappa put up lights and snowflakes in my office, also known as the children's dining room. The jewels for the jewel pie are ready, the nanaimo bars are made. I usually do more. Not this year. All of the presents are finally wrapped. We went out for a nice dinner at the White Spot. We reminisced and reviewed our year, just Dick and I. It was nice. When we came home I wrapped the last 2 presents and sat down in the living room with Dick. You know, we don't use this room nearly enough. Note to self, be sure to take time out and sit in there more often. Dick had some Kalua (spelling), I my scotch and 7.

I still haven't found the hidden pickle in our Christmas tree. Dick has hidden it extra well this year, but I'll bet Claire with her eagle eyes will find it right off, perhaps--I had one scotch too many!

We call Claire, Claire-voyant. Weeks ago Claire told her mommy that Nanny has bought her the doll she wanted for Christmas. How did she know that? Could it have been when Pappa measured her in the doorway, on a wall in a closet under the stairs and the dolly was sitting right there, in a bag, with the top showing? Probably. But she will be happy to get it no matter what. Isn't it amazing though at the age of 5 she didn't say, Nanny why is that dolly in the closet? It must be the magic of Christmas.

To each and everyone reading my blog, I thank you for checking in. May your Christmas festivities bring you some magic too.

I wish each and everyone of you a Very Merry Christmas, and a Joyous, Healthy New Year!

With love, Allyson xxxooo

2 comments:

cathy said...

Mom! We cannot wait!

IT is going to be a great Christmas. And, Claire...well she is very excited to get that dolly!! She told me today that Nannie is getting that doll for her again.

I love you!

Anonymous said...

HIDDEN PICKLE??? Aunty A (Uncle D) - one day we'll have to sit down and you can explain this bizarre "tradition" of yours... XO
We love you both. Andrea, Kirby and Matthew xo