Saturday, December 16, 2006

Christmas Memories


This is a picture of my sister Madeleine and I taken at a McGavins Bakery Christmas Party. When I look at my sister (on the left) I can see how much her son Bryan looks like her, super amazing. I saw him the other day at my dear father-in-law's memorial and when I looked at him it was like looking at my dear Dad. But I digress, what else is new?

I must have been 2 nearly 3 or possibly, 3 nearly 4, when this was taken and if I was 2, Maddie would have been 5 or, 6 if I was 3. My hard working mom made the lovely outfits for us. I don't know what colour they were, I should ask her that shouldn't I? But I know the leggings and coats were made out of one of her old winter coats. I wonder whose old coat the muffs, collars and buttons covers and hats were from?

Ah the good old days of yore!

2 comments:

Mrs. Merriman said...

Oh I just love that picture!! It is truly amazing to look at old family photos and see the resemblence to other children!

I am making an album for my sister for Christmas full of old pics of my mum, sister, my dad and myself. It is incredible to see how much Ben looks like me! Has been a lovely project for me this time of year :)

Thanks for sharing Mom A! Maybe I will post some of my old photos!

Anonymous said...

Aunty A; where's my Dad? Was he "too cool" (or not believing in Santa) at that time? Such a lovely picture. Ah, the innocence of children at this time... Like you said in your earlier post (running on a gerbil wheel), while we're runninng around trying to get things done, make it special and nice those little kids are waiting (some patiently) for the arrival of the big day and all the excitement that builds up to it. So what if it snows... (snow is FUN), so what if the malls are crazy and line ups huge... (it's all about that one special gift that they've been hoping for), so what if the house isn't decorated "just so"... (it's all about that special home made (odd looking) ornament that hangs so proudly right front and centre on the tree)...
Family time and an "old fashioned Christmas"... the good old days of yore...
Hmmm... maybe I should take note of all those points, from a childs point of view...
I hope your wheel slows a bit! :-)
My love to you and Uncle D! Andrea xo