Thursday, January 01, 2009

New Year's Eve Nonsense

You'd think after spending 46 New Year's together, it would be getting old, this celebrating New Year's. I'm glad to report -- not yet anyway.
My beloved and I spent a quiet night at home. It started out a typical night at the old homestead in The Grove, my beloved watching the US/Canada hockey game and me playing games on Facebook. Then we made coffee, had a Bailey's or two, made dinner, brought out the bubbly and took silly pictures. Had a few technical difficulties, returned party hats to heads, made dip, drank scotch and 7, ate a few goodies, watched this funny Brit movie, The Baker (worth renting for the hilarious love scene) and cheered in 2009 with noise makers, blowers and hats (all recycled from April and Nick's move a year and a bit back). A fun night with a fun guy.


Cliffie, I love my new black sweater!


Exhibit A

Exhibit D


Note tacky butter dish ruining scene!


An instant party!





Say no more!


Uh-oh, what's this?


Taps are loose and ready to fall off-Dickie to the rescue. I even got to purge and reorganize in my altered state!

Our pitiful attempt at The Moore speciality-taking pictures of our selves!


I look like an elf with a silver beard, now I don't need to see my sister the electrologist! I love this picture of us.

You two are definitely cut off!

I'm sure you'll agree, they should NEVER, EVER, allow over 60 year olds loose with a digital camera. They can't handle it!


2009 started out great - I hope your's did too! Happy New Year everyone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures - simply ADORE the couple... looks like you two couldn't have had a better time together ~ wishing you all the best for 2009 and always! LOTS, LOTS, LOTS of love, Andrea xo

Hope Walls said...

I (heart) you guys. I hope Bill & I are as silly and giggly and adorable as you are when we have grandbabies!

Allyson said...

Thanks Andrea, we are lucky I think, we enjoy each other's company after all these years. I have to say, it gets better and better.

Thanks Hope, I have no doubt that you two will surpass us. I can feel it! We (heart) you too!

Much, much to look forward to.