Friday, September 14, 2007

It's Friday, Where Did the Week Go?

On days prior to my retirement, the initials T.GoodnessI.F. were spoken with pleasure. The week of work was over, time to relax and refresh. Now that my beloved and I are retired it amazes me how quickly the days of the week fly by! And it's more like, holy mackerell, it's Friday already!

I guess when you get to an age when a nights' sleep is broken, you catch a few more minutes or hours of sleep, and begin your day's activities a lot later than when one worked. That pretty well explains away a half a day pretty darn quickly! The routine of retirement is established fairly quickly. A leisurely breakfast, a long walk, coffee and paper reading at a local establishment, lunch, a nap, checkout e-mails and blogs and facebook, make a few telephone calls, hang laundry on the clothesline, do a spot of tidy up and it's time to make supper. Pretty humdrum for sure, but also quite delicious!

This past week was good and bad. You know how you get in a knot about something and can't let it go? Well, for a day or two that was happening over here. I won't bore you with details, but it bogged me down good and solid for a while. Thankfully for my beloved and because of my beloved, I managed to climb out of the hole and got to enjoy several lunches on our back patio, enjoyed our Indian Summer, sat and read Little Dorrit with the tiniest print possible, I know I will need to renew this book at our local library!, made tea for our daughter Cathy so that she could sit and rest awhile, had the birthday girl fall asleep beside me on the couch and enjoyed the rewards of being a Nanny. I am ever so grateful for the small, and seemingly inoccuous things that make up our week. That is life! Shalom.

No comments: