Sunday, September 10, 2006

All Wrapped Up in Dreams

Today was the nicest Sunday I can remember in a very long time.

My beautiful nieces Andrea and Erika and my sister-in-law, Lilli, held a surprise shower for my beautiful little mommy-to-be, April. And surprise of surprises, April was surprised and right on queue, and as we knew she would, she cried tears of joy.

All of the lovely little things she received, so tiny, so soft, so precious, selected just for this wonderful little baby cradled so tenderly in her womb.

We ate, we laughed, we reminisced. We played games. One game in particular drew each and everyone back to childhood. It was about songs. We were given words of a childhood song, and you had to write down the title of the song. I only got 7 correct. There were 2 that I've never heard before, (I wasn't alone!), which prompted those that knew them to sing them -- it was such fun. By the end of the game, I think everyone sang a few bars of something. And right on queue, Erika asked the girls if they remembered, the peanut butter song, and instantaneous song burst forth from Cathy, April and Amy, actions and all! I was transformed back to days when my girls were the little ones. It is stuff such as this that memories are made of. Thank you Lilli, Erika and Andrea for a wonderful, wonderful afternoon.


April on the quilt we returned to her today. Where did the time go?


.
Easter, 1973. Opa with, baby April, along with cousins Erika, Andrea and sister Cathy, in the back of Uncle Richard's new car. Pre-Amy days. I remember the moment this picture was taken as if it were yesterday.

1 comment:

cathy said...

Good times, good times. I think it was so nice for April to have such a wonderful shower put on by her Aunty and cousin's.

I sure had a blast. If you got to my blog (click on my photo) you can see more photos of the shower!

I cannot believe how much Catie and I resemble each other!

Love you,

Cathy xo