Monday, July 31, 2006

They Say a Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

Our "middle" daughter April who herself will be a mummy in Fall asked me to e-mail her some of her old baby photos. She's going to a baby shower and the hostess "Jolene" is going to do something with them.

Looking at those photos in the album takes both my husband and I back to when it was our turn. When did the time fly by? How could 30+ years go by so darn quickly? If we could relive this time, we would. Fortunately the camera was invented to help us remember.

There is nothing more wonderful than looking at the pictures, capturing the moments in time and memory. Their tender little smiles make us smile to this day.

Now we eagerly look forward to receiving new pictures of our grandchildren. It's our daughters' turn now. We pass the torch to the next generation. Now we know how Pappa and Granny and Oma and Opa must have felt.

(I tried to post some pictures here but failed One of these days I'll succeed. You'll have to take my word for it, they were so cute.)

7 comments:

cathy said...

OK this October it will be 35 years!! Wow eh. I feel old lol.

How come your photos are not uploading to blogger?? I want to see the photos you chose! xo

Carol Kerfoot said...

MMM- this is Carol calling....I just wanted to say..you have an incredible writing style! Another creative artist amoungst the family. Keep up the blogging.
Carol

cathy said...

I couldn't agree more Carol! She is my go to girl when I need creative writing help! My sisters have the same talent...

Allyson said...

Cathy, you can't be turning 35 - it just isn't possible.

And why oh why can't I download pictures to this blog? You're my go to person, HELP!

Allyson said...

Hi Carol, thank you for the kind words. As you may have seen, I havn't added anything since Monday. It's hard to come up with things when you don't do very much!

Not like all you wonderful young mothers with so much life around you! I've been enjoying your blog too, talk about style. Keep it up. And Cathy, well she is something isn't she. I frequently check "next blog" or is it "new blog" and note that she is quite prolific. It must be the interesting life of a mother of 5 or something, ha ha!

Allyson said...

Cathy you are way to modest, but thank you! See it's this way, someone writes something, and it inspires me with a little something more. I have the easy part once you do all the hard work of getting things together.
Love you,
Mom xx

cathy said...

Yes. I am turning 35. I cannot believe it myself. And, thank you.

I love you Mom xo