Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Abby Time







Last week while Abby's caregiver was prepping for her son's wedding and therefore her centre was closed, I had the priviledge of falling truly, madly, deeply in love with our Granddaughter Abby all over again.

I arrived on Monday evening and stayed until just past noon on Friday. During that time Abby and I got reaquainted with each other over many half-eaten meals, bathtime rituals, walks in the garden, searching out toy snakes, leaves, berries, balls and puddle jumping, napping with each other, visiting the local library, reading and re-reading lots of books, making apple betty and wearing silly hats and matching glasses. April and Nick have done an amazing job raising this little ginger-hair girlie. They have much to be proud of. Abby has a wonderful sense of humour, a soft little voice, no butt! and an awesome imagination. One of the things I found out about her that I hadn't know before is that she loves buns. She is a true Great-Granddaughter of my Baker Dad! It was a wonderful few days and I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the cute post, Mom. I'm glad you took so many great photos during Abbysit! We really missed you on Friday night...the house was far too quiet. Abby 'reads' your love note all the time.
And yes she got that flat bum from both Nick and I. Poor thing. I was hoping she'd inherit her Auntie Ames'.
xoxo

Allyson said...

Your dad unleashed a monster when we got that camera and I am so glad he did! Seeing the pictures and thanks for taking the ones you did with your camera too April, reminds me again and again how much fun it is to be with your precious little girl (not that I really needed a reminder!!) I am glad Abby liked her note, had I realized that, I would have given it more thought and printed it nicer! We love you little girlie so, she is a treasure. xx