Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Husband, Our Fathers and Our Sons

When it's Mother's Day, they make such a fuss, so much fuss, that I could quite literally make myself upchuck--I blame hallmark (not captialized intentionally), but FATHER'S DAY, well that's a horse of a different colour!

The Dad's of the world don't get enough credit for all that they do. On TV, most often they are made to look like imbiciles, who can't figure anything out. I hate that. So many ads are demeaning, and okay, some are funny and some even make me smile. None of the men in my life are anything like the poor, foolish dolts they depict--Thank God!

My beloved. I can't imagine going through life without you. So loving, so smart, so funny. You make me laugh each and every day. You have a wonderful way with fixing things. How you love and care so deeply for our children, our grandchildren, our mothers, extended family and me. You are talented, fit as a fiddle. For these reasons and 1,000s more, I am so grateful. Thank you my dear one for everything you have done for us. I love you so.

My Father, and My Father-In-Law. I avoid the section in the card store that says: Dad, Father, it is still to painful to think that I won't see you any more. I miss you both so much. You were taken from us far too soon. There was still so much to say, to tell you. On a day when we honour our Father and tell them how much you love them, I miss being able to tell you how much I appreciate what you have done for me, for us, for our family. I miss our rudders. I miss our hugs.


My Son-In-Laws Three. What a great batch of daddies these men are! Cliff, Nick, Tyler. Seeing you with your children, how they look up to you, how they want you and you alone to share a special moment with, play a trick, laugh with, show you something very important, or tell you something be it big or small. It fills me with joy! My grandchildren and my daughters and by extension me, are well and truly blessed. Thank you my chosen sons. Thank you for loving your family so, for going out day after day taking care of business. You are a blessing to our family.


Have a wonderful Father's Day,
I love you all very, very much!







No comments: