Tuesday, April 07, 2009

And Along Came Pretty Little April!

The wonderful sunny day reminds me of another one, the day our lovely middle daughter, April was born.


Taken circa, 1975 at Hume Park! This girl always new how to accesorize!


It's April's birthday today and on birthday's you give presents, but it is April who gave us the gifts. The gift of laughter. The gift of love. The gift of wisdom. The gift of integrity. The gift of ingenuity. The gift of listening. The gift of fun.


Oh yes, we had our moments, and I'd be a big, fat Pinnochio if I said otherwise, but they were of the everyday variety. We had drama, we had tears, but most of all we had April Sunshine, or April "Star" as she wanted to be called when she was a little girl. She has a ton of friends, a wonderful husband who loves her even more than we do, and an enchanting little girl. She gives life her all. I thank God every day for our darling April.




April and her lovely Abby, taken just before the wedding


Wishing you my darling daughter a Very Happy Birthday. Have a wonderful new year, may it be filled with many blessings.



This picture was taken just a few weeks ago

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Aww. That's so sweet Allyson! Not surprised that she was accessorizing when she was just a wee thing - too cute.

Unknown said...

Hi Birthday Girl #2! I'd loved reading this blog, not because it was about me, but how your words make me feel. Love you very much. xoxo Hope you are having a Very Happy Birthday today.

Allyson said...

Wendy, April's always been an accessorizer, hats in photos, you name it! Cute is right!

April, So glad you liked it, it is true, all true! Love you right back babes, and I am having a great day. Your hubbie brough me the most beautiful bouquet of pink flowers! What a sweetie-pie he is! xxxooo