Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day


To My Beloved,


For all that you have done for your family I am truly grateful.

For the countless years teaching.

For the hours you've spent on repairing our goof ups.

For the years and years you've cut the lawn, climbed the roof to clean it, yarded out the weeds, and cleaned out the eves.

You cleaned the toilets, vacuumed the house, shopped, and made us laugh.

For taking such good care of yourself, for me, your children and grandchildren, I thank you.

It is such fun to watch you play with your grandchildren.
Teaching some how to skate, some how to ride a bike.
Building towers out of lego.
Pretend Tea Parties eating invisible goodies.
Building up and praising.
We are blessed.

Thank you for 37 years of Fathering and now Pappa-ing.
We are indeed blessed.

I hope my dear one that you have a Wonderful Father's Day!
All my love,
Allyson
xxxooo

2 comments:

cathy said...

Dad! Happy Fathers Day! I am so blessed with such a wonderful Dad!

Thank you for all that you have taught me, and now teach the kids.

You are the best.

All my love,

Cathy xo

Hope Walls said...

What a splendid picture, Mom, and an even more splendid tribute. I hope Bill & I can toast each other one day just like you and reminisce about all the wonderful years we've had as parents and grandparents.